Media releases

Community members can apply now to receive one of ten Neighbourhood BLOCK Party grants from the Shire of Augusta Margaret River.

The grants are being offered to encourage people to get to know their neighbours and improve social cohesion and networking in the community.

Shire of Augusta Margaret River Community Development Officer Jessica Black said a successful BLOCK party could be as small and intimate as a few chairs in a backyard, right up to a BBQ in your local park, or a party in a community hall.

“I encourage you to reach out to neighbours you see regularly,” she said.

“Our goals for the funding is to foster trust at neighbour level, improve health and well-being, and improve our community’s preparedness in the case of an emergency.”

The Shire of Augusta Margaret River can support your BLOCK party by providing:

  • Loan of a Games Bag which includes a cricket set, bocce, quoits, hacky sack, frisbee, soccer and football; and
  • Up to $100 worth of receipts reimbursed per event by the Shire (excludes alcohol).

Funding recipients may consider running their event on ‘Neighbour Day’ on Sunday 31 March 2019.

For more information, or for plenty of resources to assist in the planning of a neighbourhood event please visit Relationships Australia on:

For further information or to request a BLOCK party information pack please follow this link or contact Jessica Black, Community Development Officer on (08) 9780 5276 or

Community Newsletter

Subscribe to our monthly email newsletter for updates regarding events, changes and general happenings within your community.

Back to top ↑

Contact the Shire

Postal Address

PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285

Margaret River

41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512


66 Allnut Terrace
Monday to Friday
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Ph 08 9780 5255


For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service

Change of details form

To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.