Media releases

Local community, volunteer and service-based organisations have until 4pm on Friday 30 August 2019 to apply for a 2019-20 Community Development Grant of up to $2000.
Requests can be made for projects or initiatives in the categories of community development; youth development; and community inclusion, with funding to be prioritised for applications that enable the Shire to be more a welcoming, inclusive and healthy place.
A Shire spokesperson said that the 2019 grants program has been expanded from previous years. This means that the Shire is able to support a larger number of community groups and organisations to deliver stronger outcomes for the community.
“The new categories of youth development and community inclusion enables the Shire to target some of its support to focus on areas such as youth support and access and inclusion,” they said.
“This year the grant funding cap has been increased from $1000 to $2000, meaning successful applications have the ability to broaden their project scope to benefit more people.”
Community groups and organisations are eligible to apply for funding, and are encouraged to contact the Shire for help or advice on the Shire’s application process.
In the event the proposal doesn’t meet Community Development Grant funding criteria the Shire may be able to assist in directing applicants to alternative funding opportunities.
For further information, or to schedule a meeting to discuss your project ideas and application please contact the Shire on 97805255 or email
Grant information and application forms are available on the Shire's website. 

Community Newsletter

Subscribe to receive Notices and Tenders, Jobs Ads, Media Releases, or the Shire’s E-newsletter

Back to top ↑

Contact the Shire

Postal Address

PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285

Margaret River

41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512


66 Allnut Terrace
Monday to Friday
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Ph 08 9780 5255


For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service

Change of details form

To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.