Notices and Tenders

The Shire is advertising a draft amendment to Local Planning Policy No.7.

The amendment will remove the ability for grouped dwellings to be used for holiday house purposes within proximity to the Margaret River Town Centre (as shown on policy plan 1). As an owner of a property falling into this category, the Shire is notifying you of this change as it may affect the use of your property into the future.

The purpose of the change is to ensure that sufficient smaller, well located and more affordable long term rental accommodation continues to be available for that purpose.

The changes would apply to new applications only. If you have an existing holiday house approval, these will continue to be honoured and you will still be able to apply for renewal of your approval. However please note, that if your approval expires (i.e. you do not apply for a renewal 3 months prior to it lapsing) then a new application is unlikely to be approved if the proposed changes are adopted.

The draft Policy LPP No.7 can be viewed by visiting

Have your say via the submission form tab by visiting and complete the submission form online (Submission Form LPP No 7). If you would like a hard copy of the submission form please email [email protected], contact 97805 220 to request a copy or visit the Shire Offices during normal office hours.

Submissions are to be lodged by 4.00pm Wednesday 28 April 2021.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Shire’s Planning and Development Services on (08) 9780 5220.

Community Newsletter

Subscribe to receive Notices and Tenders, Jobs Ads, Media Releases, or the Shire’s E-newsletter

Back to top ↑

Contact the Shire

Postal Address

PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285

Margaret River

41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512


66 Allnut Terrace
Tues, Wed, Thurs
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Ph 08 9780 5255


For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service

Change of details form

To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.