About the opportunity
Working as part of the Statutory Planning team, you will provide ongoing leadership and support to the Planning staff and supervise the daily activities and operations in an exciting and diverse planning environment. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating the Shire’s statutory planning functions; this will involve ensuring that the Shire’s statutory planning decisions correspond with the Local Planning Scheme, Residential Design Codes and Local and State Planning legislation, policies and strategies. You will be providing specialist advice on statutory planning matters and engaging with various stakeholders to achieve desirable planning outcomes for the future. You will also investigate and analyse very complex statutory planning matters, and devise and evaluate alternative solutions and recommendations.
Demonstrated experience of the above responsibilities and a bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning or related field is essential. Applicants should possess highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong relationships and provide professional advice to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. If you’re looking for a new challenge, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Coordinator Statutory Planning (HR 7/23).
- Continuing, Full-Time 76 hours/fortnight.
- EA Level 8 ($89,044 - $96,384 pa).
- Plus relocation allowance, professional development & membership, superannuation & access to Shire vehicle limited private or commuter use with net salary contribution.
Position description and selection criteria
- Read the job description and selection criteria above
- Complete the application form
- Email [email protected] along with your:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Supporting documents, e.g. qualifications, licences, work samples, etc.
Monday 15 August 2022 at 4pm
For questions about the role
Please contact Matt Cuthbert on 08 9780 5226