As an agent of the Department of Transport, many services and payments related to driver and vehicle licensing can be handled by the Shire.
Licensing services and payments
The following are some of the services and payments that can be managed through the Shire:
- Vehicle licence renewals
- Vehicle transfer of ownership
- Change of vehicle plates
- Concession for Vehicle and Drivers
- Number plate changes, remakes and custom plates
- Driver licence renewal
- Drivers licence Interstate and International transfers
- Computer theory and hazard perception test
- Practical driving assessment
- Boat registration, transfers and renewals.
Please note that as the Shire is an agent only, we are unable to discuss any licensing enquiries or transactions over the phone. Please visit the Department of Transport website or call them direct on 13 11 56.
Proof of identity (ID) documents
Please remember to bring at least one form of primary identification with you. Note that some transactions may require more than one.
Examples of primary identification include:
- Australian Drivers Licence or Learners Permit card
- WA Photo Card
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian or Overseas Passport.
Find out more about proof of identification on the Department of Transport’s website.
Booking a driving test or assessment
Computer Theory and Hazard Perception Test
Bookings are by appointment only during the following times:
- Margaret River, Monday - Friday, 9am -3pm
- Augusta, Tuesday - Thursday, 9am-12pm or 1pm - 3pm
Please call (08) 9780 5255 and advise if you require your appointment in Augusta or Margaret River.
Practical Driving Assessment
Bookings must be made in person at either Augusta or Margaret River Shire Offices.
Please bring your Learner’s Permit with you.
More information and contact
Please call the Shire on (08) 9780 5255 or email [email protected]