natural connected prosperous
Eighteen community clubs, groups, and organisations and have been awarded nearly $70,000 in first round Community Development and Events Grants to support programs and initiatives in 2021-22.
The grants are offered under the Shire’s Community, Economic, Environmental and Events Funding Framework 2021-22 which aims to support an active, diverse, vibrant and sustainable community. Recipients between the two categories are:
Easy Grants (Under $2,000.00)
1. Augusta FM Radio Inc (2 Oceans FM) - Website redesign - $1,312.40
2.Intercultural Action Group - IncIntercultural Cooking Classes - $2,000.00
3. Margaret River Concert Band - Community Concert - $2,000.00
4. Death and Dying Matters Margaret River - Purchase of a cool plate - $1,000.00
5. Community Home Care - Volunteer First Aid Training - $2,000.00
6. Quilters of LeeuwinExhibition Venue Hire -$600.00
7. Margaret River Community Garden - Purchase of equipment - $927.95
8. Scripture Union - Festival - $1,860.00
9. Margaret River BMX - BMX Workshop - $2,000.00
10. Margaret River Coastal Residents Assoc - Teardrop Banners - $1,000.00
Community Development and Events Grants ($2,000-$12,000)
1. Undalup Association - Bunuru Festival - $12,000.00
2. Surfing WA - Wadandi Surf Academy - $5,967.50
3. Annette Carmichael Projects (Auspice Arts Margaret River) - Distributed 15 Project, Community Workshops - $12,000.00
4. Nature ConservationWooditjup Bilya event - $5,940.00
5. Margaret River and Districts Historical Society - Group Settlement Project - $12,000.00
6. Augusta Margaret River Community Alliance - Planning Workshop - $2,000.00
7. The Tribute Tree Action Group (Auspice Undalup Assoc)- Nature Tributes Exhibition -$3,584.00
8. Swimming Mermaids Inc - Gnarabup Ocean Swim event - $1,600.00
Shire Corporate and Community Services Director James Shepherd congratulated the recipients and said he looked forward to seeing the grants being put towards their allocated causes.
“Each of our recipients play an important role in our community by supporting and fostering resilience and wellbeing,” he said.
“There are always a lot of hours put in by the volunteers in these groups in providing services and opportunities to other community members.
“It’s a pleasure to be able to offer grants for a diverse range of local initiatives and support services”
Community Development and Events Grants and Easy Grants and now open for round two funding.
More information and applications forms are available at www.amrshire.wa.gov.au/council/financial-assistance
Community Development and Events Grants applications close 3pm on Friday 22 October 2021.
Easy Grants will remain open until all funds have been allocated.
PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285
41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512
66 Allnut Terrace
Tues, Wed, Thurs
Ph 08 9780 5255
For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service
To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.