How to place a hold on an item
- Go to the Library Catalogue
- Enter the title, author subject you wish to search for in the search bar and click on the search icon (you can narrow your search using the options on the left side of the page)
- Click on the title of the item you would like to borrow:
- For an item held by the Shire’s Libraries: you will be offered the option to ‘Place hold on item’ (note, you will be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already)
- For an item held by the State Library of WA: you will be offered the option to ‘Request interlibrary loan’. A portal will open and a pre-filled form will appear. Simply select ‘Submit’ to place the request.
- Ignore the ‘Any Copy’ field (unless you are reserving a magazine)
- Select your pickup location
- Click ‘Submit’
- Don’t forget to sign out if you are using a public computer.
You will be notified when the item is ready for pick up.