Off-road vehicles can be fun but they are also dangerous to the public. 

Use of off-road vehicles

Please note, the Shire has no facilities for off-road recreational activities.

Any person found riding or driving any unlicensed vehicle in a public place may have their vehicle impounded under the Off Road Vehicle Act and daily penalties will be incurred.

Visit the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries for copies of the following guides:

  • Off-road Vehicles in Western Australia: Riding trail bikes and quad bikes – Guide for retailers
  • Off-road Vehicles in Western Australia: Trail bike and quad bike riders – Guide for riders.

Report an off-road vehicle nuisance

If off-road vehicles are impacting on you by noise or nuisance you can report it online or contact our Rangers on (08) 9780 5255.

Please provide as much information as possible, including:

  • Time and place
  • A description of the vehicle (make, model, colour, registration number)
  • Possible owner address or name.

Share this page

Back to Top of the page