The role of Building Services is to regulate building construction within the Shire of Augusta Margaret River. This is achieved through administering the requirements of the Building Act 2011, Building Regulations 2012, The Building Codes of Australia and other statutory provisions, as applicable.

Our services include;

  • The issuance of building permits, demolition permits and certificates
  • Building site inspections
  • Swimming pool barrier inspections
  • Provision of construction advice
  • Compliance checks and building related conflict resolution

Online Building Services

Online Lodgment Button


Click on the icon to submit a new Building Application or to monitor the progress of your current application.



BCITF is applied to all residential, commercial and civil engineering projects undertaken in Western Australia where the total value of construction is more than $20,000. The rate of the levy is 0.2% of the total contract price (inclusive of GST).

Applicants are required to pay this levy direct to the Construction Training Fund. Please follow the link below, pay the levy and include your receipt with the submission of your building application.

The Shire of Augusta Margaret River cannot issue a building permit without evidence of the levy having been paid.

BCITF website -

Application packages must include all documents specified on the check sheet, including the relevant application form.

Fact Sheets

Check Sheets


Sample Plans


Useful Information and Relevant Building Websites

Community Newsletter

Subscribe to receive Notices and Tenders, Jobs Ads, Media Releases, or the Shire’s E-newsletter

Back to top ↑

Contact the Shire

Postal Address

PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285

Margaret River

41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512


66 Allnut Terrace
Tues, Wed, Thurs
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Ph 08 9780 5255


For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service

Change of details form

To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.