The Shire is committed to supporting the growth and development of small and micro businesses in the area.
Our approach to business
Small and micro businesses make up 97% of the sustainable industry base in this area, and the Shire of Augusta Margaret River is committed to supporting the small business community through a number of efforts, including:
- Engaging a Sustainable Economy Officer
- Signing the Small Business Friendly Charter, and committing to recognising and supporting local small businesses
- Building a "Regional Price Preference" into tenders, which gives local tenderers an additional advantage over outside businesses
- The Local-Is-More campaign
- Provide funding to local industry groups and to attract and build events
- Sponsoring a prize at the business awards.
Become a supplier to the Shire
The Shire encourages the development of competitive local businesses within the Shire boundaries and looks for opportunities to benefit the local economy.
If you are interested in becoming a supplier for the Shire, please visit our Doing Business with the Shire section to find out about:
- Registering as a supplier
- Current tenders
- Contractor responsibilities.