The Shire greatly values the diversity of entertainment that buskers and street performers provide in public areas. The Shire is also committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive environment for all visitors, workers and residents.

Types of busking performances permitted

Types of busking performances may include:

  • Performing with an instrument or multiple instruments (PA’s are not permitted)
  • Live performance, including but not limited to singing, dancing, mime, clowning, juggling, puppetry, comedy, acrobat or aerobic display, magic or living statue act
  • Creating visual art (excluding aerosol art and chalk art on pavement).

Please note, it does not include public speaking.

Busking permit requirements

Performing in public places or reserves that are managed or owned by the Shire requires a permit under the Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading Local Law 2020.

Permits are issued for 1 day, one week, monthly or for 3 months, a small fee is payable that will cover Public liability insurance for individuals.

Please contact us to apply for a permit.

More information and contact

If you have any questions relating to busking please submit the enquiry form below.

Share this page

Back to Top of the page