As outlined in the Strategic Community Plan 2040, the Shire is committed to:
- All events and services provided by the Shire or on behalf of the Shire being accessible and inclusive of all community members, as far as is practicable.
- Ensuring all future buildings and assets meet the Building Code of Australia, which includes compliance with the Access to Premises – Building Standards (2010) under the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
- Upgrading existing assets, buildings and facilities to meet the Access to Premises standard as they undergo significant refurbishment, renovation or replacement.
- Providing information in alternative formats and providing access to public information to all members of the community upon request.
- Ensuring all staff, including those contracted, volunteers or agents working on behalf of the Shire provide the same high-quality level of service to people with disability as experienced by other community members.
- Providing the same opportunities for people with accessibility issues to participate in public consultation and the opportunity to make complaints as received by other members of the community.
- The Equal Opportunities Act 1984, as well as identifying and removing barriers to employment so that people with accessibility issues can obtain and maintain employment with the Shire.