Whether you are a new or existing community group, we’re here to help and support you. Find out about funding, volunteer management, running an event, training opportunities, promotion, group governance and more.
On this page
- Scrolling to Grants and funding opportunities
- Scrolling to Volunteer management
- Scrolling to Governance of charities, associations and clubs
- Scrolling to Training and up-skilling
- Scrolling to Running an event
- Scrolling to My Community Directory
- Scrolling to AMR Community Group newsletter
- Scrolling to More information and contact
Grants and funding opportunities
The Shire offers a range of financial assistance/funding programs for local communities.
For more information, go to Grants and Financial Assistance.
Visit Volunteering WA for helpful resources on sourcing and managing volunteers.
Volunteering opportunities can be listed on the My Community Directory.
Governance of charities, associations and clubs
The Associations Incorporation Act 2015 determines how incorporated community groups and associations must be governed. The Act details requirements for financial reporting, governance, privacy, and the rules and membership of incorporated associations.
Visit the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety for the following useful resources:
- Associations and clubs: How to become an incorporated association and the operational guidelines
- Charities: Applying for a license, the types of charitable collections, and a list of licensed charities in WA.
- Model rules (associations): A guide to help you develop your Association’s rules.
Training and up-skilling
The lifeblood of any community group is its people. Training and up-skilling committee members are vital to ensuring the longevity and financial sustainability of a community group.
The following organisations provide training to community groups, some of which can be tailored and run in regional locations:
Running an event
Visit our dedicated section on Running Events.
My Community Directory
My Community Directory is a free platform dedicated to non-profit and community services. List your group and local services so the community can find you.
AMR Community Group newsletter
Subscribe to our AMR Community Group newsletter to learn about local events, grant news, workshops and more.
More information and contact
If you are an existing or new community group in the Shire and would like support or advice for a community project or idea, you can email the team at [email protected] or call (08) 9780 5255.