Advocacy WA is offering free, no obligation accessibility consultations to businesses, organisations and clubs in the South West region.Improving the accessibility of businesses, services and events for people with disability is essential for the health and wellbeing of our society and also has significant economic benefits. Being a disability-confident organisation gives you a distinct competitive advantage, drives innovation and improves productivity.
Learn how you, your staff and members can:
- Recognise different disabilities and understand accessibility needs
- Communicate more effectively with staff, customers and members with disability
- Make your premises, policies and communications (printed and digital) more accessible
- Recruit, train and support people with disability
Depending on your requirements, Advocacy WA will spend two to three hours conducting the following activities in your premises:
- A business analysis, where they get to know your business and understand your workplace culture
- A disability-friendly check, where they walk around your premises and then provide you with written feedback
- A recommendations document which they provide to help you understand where changes might be beneficial
- A review of your website and other digital and printed communication for accessibility
Disability accessibility training is also offered to improve understanding of different disabilities and ideas to make spaces more accessible.
Book your consultation with Advocacy WA.
18 Aug 2023 Topic TypeShare this page
return to news and public notices
Back to top