The community is urged to be alert, prepared, and extremely vigilant with a severe heatwave warning and widespread dry lightning expected over the weekend and into next week.
Dry lightning increases the risk of a bushfire being ignited, potentially in multiple locations. The risk is increased even further by possible high wind associated with this complex weather system, particularly if thunderstorm activity occurs.
Volunteer Fire Brigades throughout the Shire are on stand-by, but the community is asked to do their part by simply doing the right thing.
You should also
- Go over your Bushfire Plan or visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au/bushfire/prepare to create one.
- Learn about Travelling During Bushfire Season to understand what to do, how to stay up to date, what to put in a bushfire emergency kit and more https://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/hazard-information/bushfire#travelling-during-bushfire-season.
- Keep up to date with the latest bushfire and Total Fire Ban information via emergency.wa.gov.au. and have the radio tuned to ABC South West (684AM) for regular updates should a fire occur.
- Remember that campfires are banned during the prohibited period.
- If you see smoke or fire dial 000.