Access to Surfers Point and the Rivermouth during the Margaret River Pro.The World Surf League Margaret River Pro will be in full swing at Surfers Point in Prevelly from 20-30 April 2023.
Key dates and important information while this iconic event brings the world’s best surfers to our backyard:
- Pedestrians will be able to access the Rivermouth at all times.
- 3 to 6 April: The northern section of Surfers Point car park will be closed. During this time there will be no turnaround area for large vehicles and caravans.
- 7 to 10: Surfers Point car park will be re-opened for the Easter long weekend - vehicles will be able to access Rivermouth Road through Surfers Point.
- 11 to 19 April: Surfers Point car park will be closed. Parking will be available along Surfers Point Road.
- 20 to 30 April: Sit back and enjoy The Margaret River Pro. Surfers Point car park will be closed. On surfing competition days Riflebutts dog exercise area will be closed, however the dog beach will remain open. Vehicles can access the Rivermouth Beach carpark using Rivermouth Road on days the competition is not running.
- 1 May to 7 May: The carpark will be closed for de-construction. Parking will be available along Surfers Point Road.
- 8 May: Surfers Point will re-open with full access.
To find out more please contact the Shire's Events and Permits Officer, Catherine Gardiner on 08 9780 5266 or email [email protected]
30 Mar 2023 Topic Type
Prevelly and GnarabupShare this page
return to news and public notices
Back to top