Most proposed developments within the shire are assessed under the Shire Planning Scheme which aims to control and guide development and growth in a responsible manner, and accommodates and responds to change.
Planning Approval is required for any of the following application types:
- Places with heritage significance
- Changing the use of a building/premises
- Increasing the floor area of an existing structure
- Roof signs
- Car parks or changes to the operation of car parks
- Home businesses
- Three or more dwellings on a single site
- All non-residential developments
- Lapsed development approvals (approvals are generally valid for two years, after which a new application must be submitted)
Find out how to apply below.