Find out about cat registration and renewals, including how to notify the Shire of a change of cat registration details.
Cat registration and renewals
All cats over the age of 6 months must be sterilised, microchipped and registered with the Shire. In addition to being a legal requirement, registration also assists the Shire’s Rangers to quickly reunite lost cats with their owners.
To register your cat or renew cat registration please:
- Complete the form below
- Submit the form, proof of sterilisation and registration fee payment:
- In person at the Shire office in Augusta or Margaret River
- By post to PO Box 61, Margaret River WA 6285.
Note: If submitting form my post, payment can only be paid by cheque or money order. No cash please.
Cat registration expires on 31 October each year.
Each year, the Shire will notify you to renew your cat registration.
Registration fees and concessions
Registration and renewal fees can be paid at the Margaret River or Augusta Shire offices Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (please note, the Augusta office is closed between 12pm and 1pm). Proof of sterilisation must be provided at the time of registration.
|Fee type||1 year||3 years||Lifetime|
Concessions and reductions
The 50% pensioner concession fee can only be applied on presentation of a current Pensioner Concession Card, Veteran's Card or a Senior's Card together with a Commonwealth Senior's Health Card.
First time cat registrations processed after 31 May and before 1 November, will receive a 50% reduction off the 1 year registration fee. This reduction is not applicable for 3 year or lifetime registrations.
Cat registration exemptions
A cat that is in the custody of any of the following is exempt from registration:
- Cat Welfare Society Inc, trading as ‘Cat Haven’
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA Inc
- A cat management facility
- A veterinary clinic or veterinary hospital
- A cat that is in foster care is exempt from registration if the cat has been placed into foster care by either the Cat Haven, the RSPCA WA or by SAFE (Saving Animals from Euthanasia), and providing the cat has not been in foster care for more than a total of 12 weeks.
Change to registration details
Please complete the form below to notify the Shire of any change to your animal details, including the sale, change of ownership or passing away of your cat.
Transfer of ownership (new owner)
Please use the form below to notify the Shire that you have taken ownership of a cat that was previously owned by another person.
More information and contact
For more information, please contact the Shire’s Rangers on (08) 9780 5255 or email [email protected]