Find out about dog registration and renewals, including how to notify the Shire of a change of dog registration details.
Dog registration and renewals
All dogs over the age of 3 months must be microchipped and registered with the Shire. In addition to being a legal requirement, registration also assists the Shire’s Rangers to quickly reunite lost dogs with their owners.
Dog registrations expire on 31 October each year, unless you choose a lifetime registration option.
Each year, the Shire will notify you to renew your dog registration.
How to register your dog or renew your registration
- Complete the online form below OR
- Submit the PDF form and proof of sterilisation either:
- In-person at the Shire office in Augusta or Margaret River
- By email to [email protected]
- By post to PO Box 61, Margaret River WA 6285
- If submitting your application in-person, payment can be made via EFTPOS, cheque or cash.
- If submitting your application via online form or email, our team will contact you for payment over the phone.
- If submitting your application by post, payment can only be paid by cheque or money order. No cash, please.
Dog Registration Form
Application for Certificate of Registration WA Dog Act 1976
Registration and renewal fees can be paid at the Margaret River or Augusta Shire offices Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (please note, the Augusta office is closed between 12pm and 1pm). If submitting your application via online form or email, our team will contact you for payment over the phone.
Proof of sterilisation must be provided at the time of registration.
|Sterilised - Standard
|Sterilised – Pensioner concession
|Unsterilised – Standard
|Unsterilised – Pensioner
Concessions, exemptions and reductions
A working dog concession is applicable for farmers using their dog(s) to tend to livestock.
A Working Dog Concession Form is required to be completed in addition to the application for dog registration.
Change to registration details
Please complete the form below to notify the Shire of any change to your animal details, including the sale, change of ownership or passing away of your dog.
Transfer of ownership (new owner)
Please use the form below to notify the Shire that you have taken ownership of a dog that was previously owned by another person.