Mobile Food Business

The Shire supports and encourages the operation of mobile food businesses within public places and recreational reserves across the Shire. 

Mobile food businesses operating in public places or reserves that are managed or owned by the Shire require a permit under the Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading Local Law 2010.

The approved trading locations for the operation of mobile food businesses within the Shire include:

  1. Rotary Park Carpark;
  2. Surfers Point Carpark;
  3. Rivermouth Carpark; and
  4. Flinders Bay Carpark.

Expressions of interest (EOI) are advertised annually for persons interested in applying to operate from the above locations. 

The Shire will also consider applications throughout the year for itinerant mobile food businesses operating from residential streets, Light Industrial Areas and Shire owned Caravan Parks.

Generally, a maximum of one mobile food business permit will be granted to operate at a location at any one time, however, locations may be shared amongst operators, for example, one mobile food business granted a permit to operate in the mornings and another business granted to operate at the same location in the afternoons and evenings.  

Our Mobile Food Business Policy provides further information on the application process, approved locations and operating times and general operating conditions. To view a copy, click here.


For further information on mobile food business permits, please contact the Shire’s Events and Permit Officer on [email protected] or 9780 5266.

For information on food business registration and requirements, please contact Environmental Health on 9780 5255 or [email protected]


Community Newsletter

Subscribe to receive Notices and Tenders, Jobs Ads, Media Releases, or the Shire’s E-newsletter

Back to top ↑

Contact the Shire

Postal Address

PO Box 61
Margaret River WA 6285

Margaret River

41 Wallcliffe Road
Monday to Friday
Ph 08 9780 5255
Fax 08 9757 2512


66 Allnut Terrace
Tues, Wed, Thurs
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Ph 08 9780 5255


For contact details for fire, police, bushfire brigades, hospitals, storm damage, power outages, etc please see the emergency contact page

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call us through the National Relay Service

Change of details form

To ensure that you receive your Rates Notice on time we need to be updated on changes. You can do this online.