Friends and community groups
There are many friends and community groups in the Augusta Margaret River region that focus their efforts on looking after our natural areas. The Shire recognises the valuable contribution volunteers make to the management and enhancement of the natural environment.
Joining a friends or community group is a great way to help protect our natural environment and meet new friends. You may be interested in forming a new Friends of reserve group in your local area.
Following is a list of Friends of Reserve Groups working in Shire reserves:
- Augusta Coast and Landcare
- Margaret River Coastal Residents Association
- Friends of Barrett St Reserve
- Friends of the Wadandi Track Cowaramup
- Friends of Gracetown
- Friends of Rendall Close Weir
- Friends of Elizabeth St Reserve
- Friends of Nguraren Kalleep Reserve
- Friends of Darch Brook
- Friends of East Augusta
- Augusta Community Nursery
The Shire is committed to supporting these groups through the provision of appropriate resources, support and advice, safe systems of work, training and volunteer recognition.
To join a group or for further information, contact the Shire [email protected]